There is so much judgement & scare mongering when it comes to Endo / Adeno & the pill.
Let’s drown it all out & look at some facts!
1. The pill alone will never cure Endo / Adeno. If your doctor suggests this RUN AWAY!
2.There are theories that combined pills containing oestrogen can fuel Endo growth. HOWEVER, there is no consensus on this, even amongst Specialists. Some will only use progesterone-based hormones, others are happy with whatever the patient tolerates best.
3. Yes, the pill contains chemicals and synthetic hormones that can result in unbearable side effects for SOME people. It does increase the risk of some cancers, such as breast cancer.
4. BUT it can help prevent many types of cancer (e.g. ovarian), protect against anaemia for those with heavy periods, improve debilitating symptoms for those with #endo ,#adeno , #fibroids & #pcos (for more balanced facts see @doctorizzyksmith ‘s excellent posts on the pill)
5. Only you can decide whether you want to use it or not. Don’t let anyone shame you either way.
6. Used alongside proper, skilled #excisionsurgery , diet & lifestyle changes, the pill (or other hormones) can be a useful tool to tackle the symptoms of this disease.
Personally, I went pill-free for 6 years and struggled through agony and heavy bleeding each month until having a period actually became dangerous for me. I’m now trying out a low-dose oestrogen combined pill to see if it helps. I wish I hadn’t been shamed into dealing with my #endometriosis ‘naturally’ for so long. It caused me so much unnecessary pain & suffering. 🌈
Artwork found on @pinterestuk - I couldn’t find the name of the photographer to credit. Please let me know if you know!